Fire EmblemFire Emblem Awakening: Help and tips.

• Take
    TakeVirile Insatiable BeastVery Important Boarder • lv25
    Offline370 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    Hello everyone,

I'm starting this thread so that we can share advice on playing Fire Emblem Awakening, ask questions, or help each other. I know the game is quite "old" now, so I hope I'm not the only one still playing it, lol.

I have a question regarding the reclass option. This new Fire Emblem gives so much possibility in terms of training that I'm kinda lost. When is the best moment to reclass a character? Should I wait until he is max-level, or that's not necessary? Can I endlessly boost my characters' stats by re-classing, or when they return to level 1 they also suffer from a loss of stats?

And how about promoting? When you reclass a promoted character, does he become base-class again? Is that better to wait a character has promoted before reclassing him (stat wise) or is that just a waste of promotion items?

If someone can help me having this sort out, I'm sure I will enjoy my playthrough that much better.
    Also, if you start a new game, can you still have access to the item you unlocked via spotpass? Can you download them all over again?
  • Chloe-tsundere
    Chloe-tsundereThe louise otakuRegular Boarder • lv47
    En línea486 respuestas
    hace 6 años • Modificado hace 6 años
    Good questions

Well about the reclass yes even if promoter thry turn bavk to base class thats why i dont bother except with donnel so he can actually upgrade as a villager he cant..

I just max my characters didnt bother with changing classes except for the higher ones (so master seals no second seals)

I want to change lissa as i made her war cleric and regret it cause shes weak now >.<

And its not old i also recently started.. Cause i wanted the FE 3ds XL lol and not only a regular one with this game Xd
  • Take
    Offline370 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    Chloe-tsunderehace 6 años#2090552Good questions
    Well about the reclass yes even if promoter thry turn bavk to base class thats why i dont bother except with donnel so he can actually upgrade as a villager he cant..
    I just max my characters didnt bother with changing classes except for the higher ones (so master seals no second seals)
    I want to change lissa as i made her war cleric and regret it cause shes weak now >.<

Honestly I would like to do this as well, and play "old-school" by just promoting without ever reclassing. On the other hand I think it would be a pity not trying the new features, all the more as I hate being what we call in France "vieux con" = "old jerk" (meaning someone that always says it was better before and do not want to try adapting to new stuff). So yeah, here am I trying to understand how it works lol.
    I hope we can both have feedbacks from a more experienced gamer :)
  • aeonblue
    aeonblueSHSL ProcrastinatorSuper High School Level • lv34
    Offline1,944 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    I haven't played in a while so sorry if my information isn't quite right but basically if you want to have anything near a formidable party then yes, reclassing is essential. The max stats range from character to character but it's usually around the 40-60 mark. You'll know you hit the max if a stat is highlighted green. This isn't to say that that max stat is the character's absolute max, it's just the character's class's max. If you're only beginning then you should wait until the character maxes out their level before using a Master Seal on them and once you max the second class's level, you should then use a Second Seal and turn them into something else. Their stats will decrease of course but in the long run you'll earn more stats than before. Unless you want certain abilities from that base class, you of course don't have to switch them into a base class especially if you're just training for stat points.

I was at first reluctant to reclass my units too but I eventually got bored of them not learning anything new and I felt that it was a waste of exp since they were all at max level. I haven't reached that stage yet but I'll eventually buff them all out and then return them to their original classes but the second version :P

Not sure if that really made sense but good luck!
  • Take
    Offline370 respuestas
    That's helpful, thank you :D
    I don't feel like trying to farm specific skills in order to be able to pass them down to the children or whatever. Every character is supposed to have strengths and weaknesses so I don't need to try making them invincibles or perfectly rounded.

Your idea of simply switching them back to their base class after having trained them a bit is simple but brilliant. I haven't thought about this, how dumb of me. I think I'll do that. Thank you!
  • aeonblue
    Offline1,944 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    I like the way you think! That's how I generally approach my games as well :P Just keep in mind that of course, base classes are weaker than their second classes but if you don't care for strength/stats then no need to worry about it then. I think the only time I would bother farming for specific skills is if I wanted to create a Galeforce party...but that would mean pairing people up with other people who I think they are shit with so no for me :< Galeforce is an incredible ability though.
  • Chloe-tsundere
    En línea486 respuestas
    Well i agree but im already too far in the game to try this all..

But indeed max it all out then go back to basic tho i wuldnt do that to troubadours ^^" and healer types .. Whenever i can i just use the master seal in these cases

I guess in my next game i will try this out as well and max their basic lvl now i just went to 10 and used the master seal right away lol ^^"

I did try this theory on the children now a d isdnt use the seals right away
  • Take
    Offline370 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    aeonbluehace 6 años#2090699I like the way you think! That's how I generally approach my games as well :P Just keep in mind that of course, base classes are weaker than their second classes but if you don't care for strength/stats then no need to worry about it then. I think the only time I would bother farming for specific skills is if I wanted to create a Galeforce party...but that would mean pairing people up with other people who I think they are shit with so no for me :< Galeforce is an incredible ability though.
    Oh, by "base class" I actually meant "base class tree". Sorry for that. I will definitely promote my units. However I would like Lissa's final class (for instance) to be the promoted form of her "healer" starting class rather than something totally random like Wyvern Knight or whatever lol.
    What's the effects of the skill Galeforce? I'm curious. I recall some "rally" skills too (I hope that's also their english names). Are those useful?

Completely unrelated but, do you systematicallty pair all your units on the battlefield or not?
  • WindsorSeven
    WindsorSevenSHSL VegoneVery Important Boarder • lv34
    Offline2,089 respuestas
    Everyone should reclass their girls to Dark Flier until they get galeforce. That is the most broken skill ever, and having a whole team with it is killer.

aeonbluehace 6 años#2090618I haven't played in a while so sorry if my information isn't quite right but basically if you want to have anything near a formidable party then yes, reclassing is essential. The max stats range from character to character but it's usually around the 40-60 mark.
    What class has a max stat level of 60? The highest I have is Brady with 50 mag (maxed).
    https://s33.postimg.cc/glsls0fy7/image.png
  • aeonblue
    Offline1,944 respuestas
    Takehace 6 años#2090742Oh, by "base class" I actually meant "base class tree". Sorry for that. I will definitely promote my units. However I would like Lissa's final class (for instance) to be the promoted form of her "healer" starting class rather than something totally random like Wyvern Knight or whatever lol.
    What's the effects of the skill Galeforce? I'm curious. I recall some "rally" skills too (I hope that's also their english names). Are those useful?

Completely unrelated but, do you systematicallty pair all your units on the battlefield or not?

Ah, all right :) Yeah definitely promote the healers! They're rubbish without any form of weapon to use in order to defend themselves. I personally have my Lissa as a Sage and I love her. She's indestructible, supports and pulverises! Her magic is crazy and before that, I taught her Galeforce so she's a lovely ball-busting tank. Sorry, just fangirling about my Lissa here lol. Galeforce enables you to have an extra turn after defeating an enemy and is learned by Lv.15 Dark Fliers, so females (and their children) only. Yeah Rally skills are useful and great when you have a rally orgy lol. But I never really had to use them since I don't play on Lunatic difficulty or anything. Some of my other favourite skills are Acrobat, Sol (and I suppose Aether too but it's Luna and Sol in succession and limited to Great Lords), Astra, Lifetaker, Armsthrift and Vengenance (despite how annoyingly often it occurs).

I did to begin with because I was mainly just going for supports. I eventually got them to fight by themselves to clear the map faster but I still have a lot of supports to do. And well, if the map is big I'll just pair them up and wait for the enemies to come and seek death for themselves. Hehe.

WindsorSevenhace 6 añosEveryone should reclass their girls to Dark Flier until they get galeforce. That is the most broken skill ever, and having a whole team with it is killer.
    What class has a max stat level of 60? The highest I have is Brady with 50 mag (maxed).

I was loosely guessing... I wasn't sure if it was possible to have a stat higher than 50. Galeforce + Pairing up is guaranteed to obliterate the map pretty much.

Edit: I think hitting near 60 is definitely possible if you have limit breaker.
  • Conae
    ConaeRegular Boarder • lv20
    Offline343 respuestas
    aeonbluehace 6 años#2090762Edit: I think hitting near 60 is definitely possible if you have limit breaker.
    It's possible to go over. My Gerome has 64 STR and my Cynthia has 62 speed just to name a couple.

Also the first 5 chapters or so of lunatic are the worst ever. Don't do it. :P
  • aeonblue
    Offline1,944 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    Conaehace 6 años#2091532aeonbluehace 6 años#2090762Edit: I think hitting near 60 is definitely possible if you have limit breaker.
    It's possible to go over. My Gerome has 64 STR and my Cynthia has 62 speed just to name a couple.

Well there you go! Do you have limit breaker? Haha you knew what you were getting into you crazy.
  • Conae
    Offline343 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    aeonbluehace 6 años#2091599Conaehace 6 años#2091532aeonbluehace 6 años#2090762Edit: I think hitting near 60 is definitely possible if you have limit breaker.

Well there you go! Do you have limit breaker? Haha you knew what you were getting into you crazy.

Yep I have limit breaker on my whole streetpass party. Res is so hard to max out on physical units argh not enough talismans, too many seraph robes which I don't need. :P

I thought it was just a joke that the first few chapters of lunatic = frederick mode but nope it's true.
  • WindsorSeven
    WindsorSevenSHSL VegoneVery Important Boarder • lv34
    Offline2,089 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    Conaehace 6 años#2091532aeonbluehace 6 años#2090762Edit: I think hitting near 60 is definitely possible if you have limit breaker.

Damn, 62 speed? Did you keep her as her original class?
    https://s33.postimg.cc/glsls0fy7/image.png
  • Conae
    Offline343 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    WindsorSevenhace 6 años#2092068Damn, 62 speed? Did you keep her as her original class?
    No she's an assassin. She also had 63 skill so I got these extreme triangle stats. XD

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82651647/2014-04-16%2002.04.36.jpg

The low defence wasn't much of an issue since she had Lucky 7 which made her a dodge monster.
  • Chloe-tsundere
    En línea486 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    I dnt outmax them i rather play it the hard way and dont update them to the max

Why? So its actually a STRATEGY game

You use their weaknesses and strengths durng battle

So pegasus knights and wyverns not near archers etc
  • aeonblue
    Offline1,944 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    Conaehace 6 añosNo she's an assassin. She also had 63 skill so I got these extreme triangle stats. XD

The low defence wasn't much of an issue since she had Lucky 7 which made her a dodge monster.

Holy crap hahaha and wow Cynthia looks good as an assassin.

Chloe-tsunderehace 6 añosI dnt outmax them i rather play it the hard way and dont update them to the max

On the contrary even insane stat units have serious detriments like Conae's Cynthia's DEF, RES and MAG stats and the way she makes up for them, is that not strategy too? But she's also playing on Lunatic so I'm pretty sure not maxing at least something is suicide lol. It's admirable that you play without maxing. Do you reclass at all?
  • Conae
    Offline343 respuestas
    Chloe-tsunderehace 6 años#2092583I dnt outmax them i rather play it the hard way and dont update them to the max

I don't like grinding during the main story either, I did the stat maxing after I finished the main story so I could make an annoying streetpass team that others could fight. :P Also as aeon said creating your own skillset that covers the most amount of weaknesses for your characters as possible is part of building a streetpass team. It's a different mindset to the strategy in the maingame. Galeforce is useless for streetpass since the other player is likely to restart when one of their units dies (assuming they're playing classic mode) and I avoided using mounted units in case the other player had wyrmslayers or beastslayers for example.
  • Chloe-tsundere
    En línea486 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    aeonbluehace 6 años#2093016Conaehace 6 añosNo she's an assassin. She also had 63 skill so I got these extreme triangle stats. XD

Chloe-tsunderehace 6 añosI dnt outmax them i rather play it the hard way and dont update them to the max

On the contrary even insane stat units have serious detriments like Conae's Cynthia's DEF, RES and MAG stats and the way she makes up for them, is that not strategy too? But she's also playing on Lunatic so I'm pretty sure not maxing at least something is suicide lol. It's admirable that you play without maxing. Do you reclass at all?

No no reclass i do use master seals ^^ well i only play normal mode on lunatic i prob have to max thrm out as well ..

I might try it in my next game as you know i recently started .. XP
  • Conae
    Offline343 respuestas
    hace 6 años
    aeonbluehace 6 años#2093016Conaehace 6 añosNo she's an assassin. She also had 63 skill so I got these extreme triangle stats. XD

I could have passed on counter from Gaius to negate close range attacks but being my 1st playthrough and all I didn't think that far ahead hahaha

I just noticed her hair and brave sword matches quite nicely with the outfit's colours. Usually I use assassin grudgingly because the male animation looks ugly and the outfit doesn't look as cool as previous games. Too many spikes. :P
  • Unirse al club para continuar el debate.
  • 42 respuestas