- meowpao • • Very Important Boarder • lv14#1hace 11 añosHobby Search (ホビーサーチ)
International shop: www.1999.co.jp/...
Japanese shop: www.1999.co.jp
MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page
Online figure store based in Japan.
Specialized in figure and otaku-related stuff. They sell mecha, plamo, eroge, artbooks, dakimakuras to name a few.
Shipping: EMS, SAL
Payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal
+ quite updated in figures
+ usually ships a figure a day or two after official release date
+ points system (discounts for future orders)
+ great bargains whenever they have a sale
+ ships worldwide
+ sturdy packaging
+ good customer service, they usually reply within a day
- Ships your collected orders by the end of the month
- They don't ship to some countries
- Their Sale just pops out of nowhere
- mememo • Sale Hunter • Ghost • lv20#2hace 11 añosA big con for me with hobby search is that they dont use paypal . So i have never used them
- Marshmallowpie • • Very Important Boarder • lv20#3hace 11 añosYeah, I'm the same as mememo. I'd love to go buy from Hobby Search, since they have great sales sometimes, and some stuff that HLJ doesn't have, but they don't take Paypal, which sucks for me since I don't have access to a credit card.
- Gasaraki • • Ghost • lv14#4hace 11 añosEMS only is what kills them for me. The only times I order from HS is if they have an item that is substantially cheaper compared to other sites I use, if they have something no one else has(unlikely), or if I need to get eromanga haha
- kumasanmk • ♬ • Producer • lv37#5hace 11 añosYeah, same than Gasaraki here! EMS shipping really suck.
That's a shame cause HS has a lot of stuff I'd like to order!
- Singer_Yuna • All along the Watchtower ♪ • Moderator • lv28#7hace 11 añoslol I also noticed the news of paypal new feature!
- mememo • Sale Hunter • Ghost • lv20#8hace 11 años • Modificado hace 11 añosThey added paypal thats so cool XD . Now if they added Sal and airmail options they would be one of my favorite shops =)
- Ashlotte • Full-time Reviewer • Very Important Boarder • lv23#9hace 11 añosNote you can't use the new paypal function for pre-orders, which is what I assume most people use Hobby Search for since they don't carry a large selection on-hand compared to other places. >_>"There are some people who live in a dream world,
and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other."
- #10hace 11 añosI placed an order on May 25 and they shipped it today (May 28). It felt like it took forever until they shipped it, but I realise now that it has only been 3 days. Impatient? Me? Never! ^^:
A plus is the (slightly) lower price on all items as well as the points system. Those were two reasons for why I placed this order from them.
I was disappointed to see so many items sold out and how pre-orders had been stopped for other items I wanted. I was, however, positively surprised to see pre-orders re-opened after I first checked the site.
I like their selection of items and I got some figurines and tea cups. A friend said they were reliable and he usually orders from them. I hope that is true. I guess I will see when the items arrive here. ^^Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- Saint_Rygar • • Regular Boarder • lv10#11
- Kzuki • Stalker • Regular Boarder • lv20#12hace 11 añosThis new PayPal option is nice but useless if you can't use it on pre-orders <_<.
- Nopy • • Regular Boarder • lv14#13hace 11 añosThe only thing I don't like about Hobby Search is the cost of shipping, otherwise I've never had a problem with them.
- #14hace 11 años • Modificado hace 11 añosToday I went to check up on an order I placed on May 28. I had ordered Ritona Yoko (Gift) and a Kannagi cup but I felt that it was taking an awfully long time to ship two items that were in stock...
To my surprise it said "Cancel" at the status for each item. I have no idea what this means so I sent them an e-mail asking what is up. It should not be related to payment because there are sufficient funds on my bank account, so I really have no idea why this is.
I don't even know if the order is cancelled or not so I don't want to place a new order in case the "Cancel" means something else. I will post here when I know more.Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- #15hace 11 añosI got a reply from Hobby Search support today. Here are some excerpts from it:
"Firstly, please accept our apologies for cancelling your order by accident.
Please be informed that the order is put back to its uncancelled status."
"The order was cancelled because we sent to you, or thoght we did, an email to ask
for your cooperation in confirming your credit card information and received no reply
to the request by a due date.
As it happened, we entered a wrong email address, consequently failing to reach you."
They also included the e-mail I was supposed to have received but never did. I guess I will send them a picture of my credit card statement. I just hope they will accept a screenshot since my bank has gone online-only for statements...
I have no idea why all this happened but it sure is a bother. ~.~
I guess I will update when/if something happens.Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- #16hace 11 años • Modificado hace 11 añosWell, I got a reply after my reply to them...
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Now that we have confirmed your credit card information, we would like to process and
ship your order.
Please wait a little while until you receive a shipping notice from us.
We really appreciate your cooperation."
It's all fine and well that the issue has been solved, but I think the Kannagi cup sold out in the short time between them cancelling the order and then later on opening it again. ;_; I'm not sure what will happen now. I'm thinking that maybe I should cancel the cup so they only have the figurine to ship...Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- #18hace 11 añosSinger_Yunayou're near the end of the problem...nah, dont cancel the cup, they will manage to get more for you. If they cant, they email you, Im sure ^^I suppose you are right. I see now that it is backordered on HLJ as well. I really want the cup, though! >.< I have become somewhat of a cups addict. *looks at the eight anime/game cups standing in kitchen* ^^: ^_^
The order is set to ship individual items as they are available, so that should be fine then. I hope. We'll see.Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- #19hace 11 años"6/17 We are suspending transactions via PayPal"
I guess they must've had too many dishonest people using PayPal and got tired of it. :\\Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- #20hace 11 añosI forgot to update here, but I finally got my Yoko figurines and Kannagi cup on Friday (June 26). The items were excellently packed and the cup (which comes in a cardboard box) was even wrapped in bubble wrap. There was no apology or reimbursement (read: free stuffs ^^:) for the delays other than what I got in the e-mails, but I am still happy to finally get the goods.
This won't stop me from ordering more items and I would still recommend Hobby Search to anyone looking to buy figurines or merchandise. ^^Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
- 1,193 respuestas