- Vista generalÍtemsImágenesUsuarios/asClubsArtículosFamaAfiliados
- Yor0zuya submitted a comment on [Artículo #40090] Figure collection May 2018! 400+ Figures (Some NSFW)
- My sage advice :) :
1. Reserve preorders for those items you are really, really, really sure that you want. 95% of all figures will eventually see a price drop preowned.
2. AmiAmi's preowned section can be either your best friend or your worst enemy. There are always good deals in there, but be careful not to go crazy.
3. Make a wish list, and buy pre-owned items if and only if they are on the list. I generally follow this rule, and it's a good way to insulate yourself from too many impulse buys.
4. If you know how to filter out the bootlegs and the scammers, eBay can be quite a good avenue for merchandise. I find it's highly useful for deals on older, less-popular, obscure items that wouldn't be worth the effort to bootleg.
5. When you preorder, expect delays as the norm, and so you can be happy when items actually release on schedule.
6. Make a monthly hobby budget and stick to it.
- take123 submitted a comment on [Artículo #40092] Which waiting period is the worst?When they announce new figures at Wonfes there is this super long waiting game of many months before the company shows the sculpt or the painted version. I'm always checking to see when the updates come and it takes forever! Also sometimes the figure I want keeps getting delayed or maybe gets no special attention.
- Pyrolover90 submitted a comment on [Artículo #40092] Which waiting period is the worst?For me, it's the "prototype to ready for preorder" stage because of two specific things:
1. the figure is ultimately cancelled after months/years of no updates
2. the figure is still in limbo after months/years of no updates (ex: Megahouse's Anthy Himemiya figure)
I can handle any other stage of the process just fine, but after finally seeing the prototype of a figure I like, I get a bit anxious over whether or not it will actually make it to the preorder phase.
- joolzanfire submitted a comment on [Artículo #40092] Which waiting period is the worst?
- ugendo submitted a comment on [Artículo #40092] Which waiting period is the worst?
- If they need to save money for the future, I'd tell them to not waste money on trash, and wait until they have money to buy the real thing. Honestly, 16-year-olds need to be saving money for college or other future expenses anyway. I'd never tell a teenager that they need to be spending $70-120 on a figure to be a "good" collector. Once you get older and have a better, stable income, if you're still interested in figures, you'll probably then find authentic ones to be more rewarding to collect.
- Kiz-xo submitted a comment on [Ítem #675839] Persona 5 - Kitagawa Yuusuke - Figma - Fox (Max Factory)
- jnara submitted a comment on [Artículo #40090] Figure collection May 2018! 400+ Figures (Some NSFW)
- Akatora224 submitted a comment on [Artículo #40090] Figure collection May 2018! 400+ Figures (Some NSFW)