Bootleg FindersBootleg FindersHunting bootlegs one figure at a time!

Davidnes
Regular Boarder

Davidnes

En línea No
Nivel 9
Se unió hace 2 años
Post(s) 4

hace 2 años
Hello :) I am new to the site and I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good guide for spotting bootleg Figmas and Nendoroids because I'm looking to buy a few Black Rock Shooter and Madoka Magica Figmas and a Snow Miku Nendoroid off of eBay.

rivalappears
Regular Boarder

rivalappears

En línea No
Nivel 17
Se unió hace 3 años
Post(s) 520
Localización Illinois

hace 2 años
DavidnesHello :) I am new to the site and I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good guide for spotting bootleg Figmas and Nendoroids because I'm looking to buy a few Black Rock Shooter and Madoka Magica Figmas and a Snow Miku Nendoroid off of eBay.

do you have the ebay links to the specific ones you're looking at? Generally, ebay is not the best place to go for figures, as it's riddled with bootlegs. Here's GSC's list of bootleg warnings (ext link), but if you post the links, most of the users here will be able to tell you right away if they're bootleg or not.
Modificado hace 2 años #848415

Davidnes
Regular Boarder

Davidnes

En línea No
Nivel 9
Se unió hace 2 años
Post(s) 4

hace 2 años
This is the one I'm most interested in currently (ext link) I'm just kinda worried since he is selling so many, but from what I can tell all the cheaper figmas of this on eBay are bootlegs. And do you know any good sites that sell Figmas and Nendoroids other than eBay and that ship to Canada? Or is there a list on this site of eBay sellers that sell legit figures?

Modificado hace 2 años #848431

Muntoe

Muntoe

En línea No
Nivel 40
Se unió hace 4 años
Post(s) 2224
Localización United St...

hace 2 años
Fununiverse is a legitimate seller, no need to worry about that. You may want to consult this list first to see if any items you are looking at are sold by these people: (mfc link). The figure shop and review club will also help if you are looking to buy outside of Ebay: club #72

Generally there are a few tips to avoid bootlegs, especially on Ebay:

1) Avoid most sellers from China or Hong Kong; that is bootleg city lol.
2) A price that's too good to be true. Nendoroids and figmas retail for about $30-40 each. If you see one selling for $15-20, it is most likely a bootleg.
3) Many bootlegs have a sort of 'shinier' plastic used for the face. If you look at bootleg pictures of nendoroids in our Bootleg picture category you can compare a legitimate figure and the bootleg and quickly spot the differences. There will also likely be paint smears, loose-looking joints, etc.

Arriba ↑

Unirse al club para continuar el debate.